,

,

3.29.2015

Mute

So, I've noticed that as I get older (yes 24 is old), the less I text and the less phone calls I have logged. Most of my recents are missed calls because I really don't feel like overexerting myself by holding a 5 min conversation. Sometimes my hearing disability is clutch because if I can't hear you, I can't respond and its a win win (for me at least). I'd say I'm like 50% hearing disability, 50% selective hearing. Sometimes that ratio is 75/25. 

I find myself avoiding going to the local hot spot bars on the weekend because I don't wan to run into anyone and have the meaningless conversation about how we haven't seen each other in, like, forever and we should totes hang out soon. "Okay I'm gonna go get a beer now, byeeeeee!" I've found that if I do end up at these humdrum bars, I avoid eye contact at all costs so I don't have to speak to anyone and I can just enjoy my Budweiser in the corner of the bar by my damn self and be happy as a clam. 

Convo with someone you haven't seen since high school:
"OMG I haven't seen you in so long, how are you?!"
"Good, how are you?!"
"Good! So what's new?"

^^^^^HATE THAT QUESTION. IF I HAVENT SEEN YOU IN 6 YEARS IM SURE THERES A LOT OF SHIT THATS NEW. 

Would you like to know what's not new? Your strapless bodycon dress with no jacket in the middle of December. I mean whatever though. I'll just be chilling in my XXL sweater and Hunter's while you catch a cold. Ugh.

xoxo 
Blondie 

No comments:

Post a Comment